Thursday, October 27, 2016

War Memorial Gardens


In War Memorial Gardens I have found my own personal secret garden. It's one of Dublin's greatest escapes to tranquility. I plucked the remaining moribund roses, their petals withered and fading like everything else in Autumn. The fallen leaves sound like corn flakes being crushed under my feet. My thoughts become fluid and feather-light, tree branches as my umbrella and neo-classical nooks as my shelter. Only two teenagers rolling a joint and a couple walking the dog bring me back to reality in this magnificent garden located in Islandbridge, away from the noisy haste that boils my brain and pollute my mind. Next time I'll bring a book, a bottle of rosé to match the pastel flowers and the cheese knife.

7 comments:

  1. lovely spot!!
    https://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, beautiful place! I hope I get to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um local pleno de tranquilidade. As árvores e as flores
    ajudam a essa atmosfera de beleza e serenidade.
    Fotos lindas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a nice park or garden. This one looks so beautiful! Too bad the ones in the city centre here are kind of dirty and gross, haha.

    Jane / deluminators

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bem isso parece ser mesmo um sitio mágico! e as tuas fotos também ajudam bastante :)
    tinha saudades de passar por aqui :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful place! I need Dublin in my life more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. uau, que sítio tão dark...faria o mesmo que tu, uma escapadela

    ReplyDelete